Mark Cuban and Shark Tank got Royally Screwed

Go to the profile of Howard Marks
Howard MarksBlockedUnblockFollowFollowing
Executive Chairman at StartEngine www.startengine.com and co-founder at Activision/Blizzard
6 hrs ago

Mark Cuban and Shark Tank got Royally Screwed

Hilary Novelle Hahn on Shark Tank

I was one of millions of fans Shark Tank on on November 4th. It is one of my favorite shows, and it’s certainly a favorite for my two kids. I was eagerly waiting to see Hilary Novell Hahn, whose company, The Style Club, was going in front of the sharks. I am an investor in The Style Club. Or, at least, I thought I was.

Hilary appeared confident and in control of the room. She got two offers from the sharks. She boldly picked Mark Cuban’s offer to invest $500K. He is a very smart and successful businessman with deep roots in technology and online commerce. He is part of this new generation of business leaders who are unafraid to take a chance on great entrepreneurs. Similarly, I have invested in over 60 startups in my career through the StartEngine accelerator (there is also a StartEngine crowdfunding website). Many failed but that’s not the point. I respect those entrepreneurs whom I financed because of their resiliency, tenacity, and grit. I see myself as their mentor and I make my time available for them when they need support, advice, or more capital.

Hilary answered one question from Mark Cuban that shocked my family room.

He asked her, “How long has The Style Club been in business?”

Her answer was one year.

Hold on a second — I invested in her company 4 years ago. So what happened?

Many scenarios ran through my head. I was perplexed and frankly scared that something may have happened to my investment. Did Hilary hijack the company StartEngine’s accelerator had invested in? Denied her main investor and mentor of any potential success? I was in a bad place.

I decided to find out. Every company I have invested in are incorporated in the State of Delaware. You may ask, “Why Delaware?” Well it turns out this state is great for investor protection; most Silicon Valley investors choose Delaware for their investments. I went to the Delaware corporation website and typed in “The Style Club.” To my surprise, two companies appeared. The one in which my accelerator invested was formed in 2012.

Delaware Division of Corporations

It turns out there are two companies with almost the same name:The Style Club LA which is formed in 2012 and The Style Club Global, formed in 2015. The latter company is the one Hilary pitched to the sharks.

I decided to open the StartEngine accelerator corporate cloud to see exactly what we invested in and I found the investment agreements.

I also went back to my emails with Hilary. I congratulated her when I heard she was going to appear on the show.

She knew I was no longer an investor in her new resurrected company. You can ask a logical question. “Why would she close The Style Club and then start a new company, The Style Club global, with the same domain name and logo?” So I went to who is to find out when the domain name was created.

As you can see above, the domain was created in 2012, the same time I invested in the company. So what happened? Did Hilary steal the main assets of the company? When StartEngine, the accelerator, invests, our agreements clearly stipulate that if the CEO wants to shut down the company, he/she needs StartEngine’s permission. If he/she wants to sell assets to another company — this includes a domain name, a logo and emails lists — needs our permission. Basically, a CEO cannot harm the company in any way without a written agreement with the StartEngine accelerator.

I am utterly surprised that Mark Burnett’s team would not at least perform a basic level of due diligence on the companies it brings to the sharks. It is shocking to think they would deliberately accept a company that has stolen the assets of another company of the same name. But maybe they do not care. I cannot imagine the sharks would be happy to invest in a CEO and a company that has stolen assets in front of 6 million viewers. All they need to do was review the public website to quickly see there is another company with the same name, and then just simply ask the question, “Wait, who is The Style Club LA?” Now, if they do not care, they could be viewed as associates with this fraud.

The most perplexing issue is Mark Cuban. He is a sophisticated serial entrepreneur and investor who has invested in dozens of companies. I have exchanged emails with him in the past and we frequently invest in similar companies. Is it possible his legal team did not perform a basic check? What about looking at the domain name www.thestyleclub.com and see it was created in 2012? Who owned it then? Simple question. They just need to Google to find the evidence.

I found this email from Hilary I received a little under two years ago.

Email from Hilary to Howard Marks — StartEngine

Hilary is very smart. She is a former teen pop star and went to Columbia. After college she went into fashion and with her keen sense of what teen girls wanted, she honed her skills in social media marketing just when it started exploding. I invested in her company because I liked her thesis and thought she was smart and honest. This clearly has not been proven true.

But I am not discouraged by this outcome because I am still going to invest in great entrepreneurs and help them become successful. Such is my goal and my passion. If my money is put to good use, we will see thousands of high paying jobs for our economy and our country. Doing the right thing should never be deterred by occasional let downs.

• BlockedUnblockFollowFollowing
    Go to the profile of Howard Marks

Howard Marks

Raising the Entrepreneurial Boom

Raising the Entrepreneurial Boom

Words of wisdom about being an entrepreneur, raising capital and winning in the entrepreneurial game written and published by renowned entrepreneur Howard Marks co-founder at Activision and StartEngine www.startengine.com

February 17, 2017 at 2:25 AM

Excellent and professional investigative services. I hired him (CYBERPHONEHACKER@GMAIL.COM) for a very private and difficult matter of hacking my spouse phone, and he far exceeded my expectations. He helped me get the info(whatsapp, facebook, text messages, call logs etc) I needed faster and cheaper than I had imagined. The first time we spoke, we had a very long phone consultation in which he gave me all my options that he could think of to resolve my case, and he even recommended I try other options before hiring him, which shows that he is honest. I decided to hire him and I am glad I did. He is a fantastic investigator and a great person and
    if you have a dishonest partner don’t hesitate to send him a mail Contact: CYBERPHONEHACKER@GMAIL.COM or +1 916 302 2234

March 15, 2017 at 7:34 PM

Hello friends U Need Any Help on hacking for the following try cyberhacklove@gmail.com i have used him so many times and he never fails me he is the best hacker i have ever employed . Thank me later.*Cheating Spouse *University grades changing *Bank accounts hack *Twitters hack *email accounts hack *Grade Changes hack *Website crashed hack *server crashed hack *Retrieval of lost file/documents *Erase criminal records hack *Databases hack *Sales of Dumps cards of all kinds *Untraceable Ip *Individual computers hack *Websites hack *Facebook hack *Control devices remotely hack *Burner Numbers hack *Verified Paypal Accounts hack *Any social media account hack *Android & iPhone Hack *Word Press Blogs hack *Text message interception hack *email interception hack contact: cyberhacklove@gmail.com contact:+16066579237

April 13, 2017 at 4:07 PM

My name is james, i was able to spy on my cheating ex-wife phone without her finding out.....it really helped my lawyer during my divorce i have been scammed so many times but Worldcyberhackers is the best hacker i have met he helped me regain my freedom and lost money by scammers ...you can contact Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com for spying and hacking phones,WhatApp,email,Facebook and other social networks account,his services are cheap ..Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com.

April 29, 2017 at 12:35 AM

Hello everyone, Need hacking services? contact cyberhackinglord@gmail.com. Be warned, most of these so called hackers here are impostors, I know how real hackers work, they never advertise themselves in such a credulous manners and they are always discrete. I’ve been ripped off so many times out of desperation trying to find urgent help to change my school grades, finally my friend introduced me to a group of reliable hackers who work with discretion and delivers promptly, they do all kinds of hackings ranging from; – Sales of Blank ATM cards. – University or school grades changing – Bank accounts hack – Erase criminal records hack – Facebook hack,Twitters hack – email accounts hack, gmail, yahoomail, hotmail etc. – Grade Changes hack – Website crashed hack – server crashed hack – Skype hack – Databases hack – Word Press Blogs hack – Individual computers hack – Control devices remotely hack – Burner Numbers hack – Verified Paypal Accounts hack – Any social media account hack – Android & iPhone Hack etc.
    But they helped me; – Changed my school grades – Hacked my cheating ass spouse email facebook – The most of it all, they helped me with Western union money transfer and i tracked and confirm the money before i paid him their fees. I have made them my permanent hackers and you can as well enjoy their services.
    You can contact them at cyberhackinglord@gmail.com or text +13047160075 for any hacking services and also endeavor to spread the good news on how they helped you.

May 6, 2017 at 3:55 PM

Hello everyone, if you need to boost your credit score excellently within a short period, hack a cell phone remotely, computer or change your grades (at any level or institution), contact finessehackers@gmail.com He's efficient, and been really helpful with my credit turn, I can't thank him enough, say kimberly referred you he'll help

May 28, 2017 at 2:15 AM

If you know you not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I and my wife has been married for some years now,Lately she has been hiding her phone from me and keeping Late nights. I was curious about her cheating on me.I had no proof and no one to run to.I contacted a Private investigator who linked me up with Mr James(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via email.
    Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com

May 29, 2017 at 6:45 AM

May 31, 2017 at 3:43 AM

May 31, 2017 at 5:42 PM

help me thank hackintechnology after being scammed of $1500 he helped me find my cheating husband he helped hack his whatsapp gmail and kik and i got to know that he was cheating on me , in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything HACKINTECHNOLOGY is trust worthy and affordable contact hackintechnology@gmail.com +1305 771 2040IF U Need Any Help ? *University grades changing *Bank accounts hack *Twitters hack *email accounts hack *Grade Changes hack * load bank account any amounts *Website crashed hack *server crashed hack *Retrieval of lost file/documents *Erase criminal records hack *Databases hack *Sales of Dumps cards of all kinds *Untraceable Ip *Individual computers hack *Websites hack *Facebook hack *Control devices remotely hack *Burner Numbers hack *Verified Paypal Accounts hack *Any social media account hack *Android & iPhone Hack *Word Press Blogs hack *Text message interception hack *email interception hack - See more at hackintechnology@gmail.com +13057712040

June 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Hello, are you in need of hacking services? Then contact CYBERSPACEINTELLIGENCE@GMAIL.COM, he is the best hacker. He helped me and my friends with some issues we had. If you need to
    *hack into email accounts,
    *all social media accounts,
    *school database to clear or change grades,
    *Retrieval of lost file/documents
    *DUIs
    *company records and systems,
    *bank accounts,
    he is really the best. His services are affordable. Don't waste your time with fake hackers
    + Credit cards hacker
    + We can drop money into bank accounts.
    + credit score hack
    + blank credit card sale
    + Hack and use Credit Card to shop online
    + Monitor any phone and email address
    + Tap into anybody's call and monitor their
    conversation
    CONTACT: CYBERSPACEINTELLIGENCE@GMAIL.COM OR +19102393078

June 5, 2017 at 5:33 PM

June 7, 2017 at 2:27 AM

i met a guy called Sam ,he helped me hack into my spouse INSTAGRAM,KIK,FACEBOOK AND GMAIL. Now i can monitor my spouse day to day messages and activities with out him knowing .he is very kind and i compensated him after his services. contact him at : cyberphoneways@gmail.com.
    Number:+16066579237.
    INSTAGRAME: Samhoffman3..
    ...you can try him out

June 7, 2017 at 2:34 AM

Number:+16066579237.
    INSTAGRAME: Samhoffman3..
    ...you can try him out

June 7, 2017 at 2:25 PM

From my experience, some hackers are polite and professional, but lack the skills,
    experience or technology to be worth it for me,I once hired a hacker and
    charged me $400 but could not locate the person who hacked my
    gmail account and sent out personal emails. I then hired Cyberappshacker
    and they identified and located the people behind the hack within
    6 hours at a cheaper price. You can contact them on cyberappshacker@gmail.com .
    They offer lots of hacking services like
    social media hacks like facebook hacks, kik hacks, bank account hacks, iCloud hacks, whatsapp hacks,
    recover passwords, upgrading school grades and so many hacking services. thank me later!

June 10, 2017 at 6:37 AM

Should you ever require the services of a hacker, i implore you to try your very best to hire only professionals. hackintechnology@gmail.com will increase your chances of getting your job completed. i was able to hire the services of an elite, asides the fact that i was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer experience. he carried me along with every process and didnt leave me in the dark. contact him via email/phone hackintechnology@gmail.com 13057712040

June 11, 2017 at 10:04 AM

To hack any database or website, email, mobile phone (call, text message, Whatsapp, bbm), social network (fbk, twitter, Instagram) change your grades, find your target password (friends, wife, husband, boss, girl, boy friends) to know if they are cheating or not...Contact jack, Email ; ( dhackerjack@gmail.com ) .Whatsapp me :: +60167569133

June 11, 2017 at 10:05 AM

June 11, 2017 at 10:06 AM

June 11, 2017 at 10:08 AM

June 11, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Tell him Loya ) ...Contact jack, Email ; ( dhackerjack@gmail.com ) .Whatsapp :: +60167569133

June 12, 2017 at 4:36 PM

I have always suspected that my wife was
    cheating on me. we have been married for 18 years now and its been a
    smooth ride until last year when she changed and started seeing other men. A friend linked me up with an hacker mariohacker913@gmail.com
    who helped me hack into her phone, i had complete access to her phone
    right on my device and i could monitor all her activities, location,
    call logs, text messages and all. I know hacking is illegal but i was
    left with no choice and i had to do it because i loved my wife and i
    just dont know why she chose to cheat on me, i have been a good wife.mariohacker913 @gmail.com helped me hack into my wife phone, i have
    enough evidence against my wife now and i am thinking of Filing for
    divorce.

June 13, 2017 at 2:52 AM

Should you ever require the services of a hacker, i implore you to try your very best to hire only professionals. perfecthackerworld@gmail.com will increase your chances of getting your job completed. i was able to hire the services of an elite, asides the fact that i was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer experience. he carried me along with every process and didnt leave me in the dark. contact him via email/phone perfecthackerworld@gmail.com

June 13, 2017 at 2:53 AM

i was in need of a very good hacker until i saw this hacker perfecthackerworld@gmail.com who helped me hack into
    my spouse phone with out psychical access to the phone i was so happy cause perfecthackerworld@gmail.com did a
    very wonderful hack for me you all can also contact him

June 13, 2017 at 2:54 AM

hello i want to sincerely openly thank perfecthackerworld@gmail.com for his services...he helped save me from infidelity and lies of my cheating wife by helping me hack her phone...i know a lot of peeps like me out there suffering from lies and deceit..Tell him i referred you and you can also email him@perfecthackerworld@gmail.com

June 13, 2017 at 7:43 AM

The credit score doesn’t matter nearly as much as the actual information in your credit report.
    When I was applying for loans for my most recent investment property (my third property including my home),
    my score was in the mid-400’s. I had 4 late payments, which hurt me dearly ,
    but the lenders actually looked at my report and refused me a loan, so i hired
    (creditscorexpert AT repairman DOT com )and he removed all late payments, and raised my credit score up to 785 in 2 weeks.
    i was indeed pleased. you can call or text him on +1 305 501 8462

June 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM

PEOPLE ARE GETTING IN CONTACT WITH HACKERS TO HELP THEM EXPUNGE CRIMINAL RECORDS,ALL FORM OF UNIVERSITY UP GRADES,PREDICT THE STOCK MARKETS,CLEAR STUDENT LOANS AND OTHER DEBTS.FIX CREDIT RATING DOUBLE YOUR TAX RETURNS AND HACK BUSINESS COMPETITORS.HACK BANK ACCOUNTS,ALL FORM OF EMAILS AND WEBSITES,SPY ON CHEATING SPOUSE,MOBILE PHONES AND ALL FORM OF SOCIAL MEDIA HACKS:INSTAGRAM,SNAPCHAT,TWITTER ETC, TRACKING DEVICE HACK.CONTACT: hackempire007@gmail.com

June 21, 2017 at 5:53 PM

Help me thank cyberprofessionalhacker after being scammed of $1500
    he helped me find my cheating husband he helped hack his whatsapp gmail
    and kik and i got to know that he was cheating on me , in less than 24 hours
    he helped me out with everything cyberprofessionalhacker is trust worthy and affordable contact cyberprofessionalhacker@gmail.com

June 30, 2017 at 6:39 AM

If you know you not are ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I and my wife has been married for some years now,Lately she has been hiding her phone from me and keeping Late nights. I was curious about her cheating on me.I had no proof and no one to run to.I contacted a Private investigator who linked me up with Mr James(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via email. He understood me well and helped me spy on my cheating wife.He gave me the password to my wife's Gmail and Facebook account and linked all my spouse WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth. He showed me proof of work and I just want to openly say thank you. Contact him today if you need help. Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com

July 1, 2017 at 3:27 AM

cyberhackpros@gmail.com will increase your chances of getting your job completed. i was able to hire the services of an
    customer experience. he carried me along with every process and didnt leave me in the dark.contact him via email/phone
    CYBERHACKPROS@GMAIL.COM or +1 916 378 4978 Tell him i reffered you.He will help you

July 1, 2017 at 4:21 AM

July 1, 2017 at 8:45 AM

*hack into email accounts,
    *all social media accounts,
    *school database to clear or change grades,
    *Retrieval of lost file/documents
    *DUIs
    *company records and systems,
    *bank accounts,
    + Credit cards hacker
    + We can drop money into bank accounts.
    + credit score hack
    + blank credit card sale
    + Hack and use Credit Card to shop online
    + Monitor any phone and email address
    + Tap into anybody's call and monitor their
    conversation
    CONTACT: CYBERSPACEINTELLIGENCE@GMAIL.COM OR +19102393078

July 9, 2017 at 10:22 PM

If you need to hire a real hacker to help spy on your partner's cell phone remotely, change your grades or boost your credit score. Contact this helpline 347.857.7580 or the email address expressfoundations@gmail.com

July 10, 2017 at 10:48 PM

If you need to hack into any database, delete records, improve credit score,website, email, mobile phone (call, text message, Whatsapp, bbm), social network (fbk, twitter, Instagram) change your grades, find your target password (friends, wife, husband, boss, girl, boy friends) to know if they are cheating or not. ( he saved my relationship Tell him Linda ) Very cheap and Fast
    Contact Jerry
    Email ; ( jerrydhacker2000@gmail.com )

July 12, 2017 at 2:27 AM

If you need to hack into any database, delete record, improve credit score, spy on whatsapp, text, phone, emails, as long as it's hack contact jack @v ia Email :: dhackerj7@gmail.com //. Whats-App ::+60167569133 he is great, you won't be disappointed, cheap and fast, he saved my relationship Tell him Loya

July 19, 2017 at 7:44 AM

Confront your cheating spouse with evidence, i was able to spy on my cheating ex phone without finding out.....it really helped me during my divorce ...you can contact (HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.COM) call and text (305) 771-2040 for spying and hacking social networks, school servers, icloud and much more, viber chats hack, Facebook messages and yahoo messenger, calls log and spy call recording, monitoring SMS text messages remotely, cell phone GPS location tracking, spy on Whats app Messages, his services are AFFORDABLE .................................... ONLY GOD CAN THANK HIM FOR ME

July 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM

Have you guys checked out this guy DARK WEB involved with any sort of hack,i come across him through my cousin because have already explain to him about the rip off i got while trying to increase my credit score when its was low by some programmers. He help me increase it to 750 plus excellent within 48 hours to my greatest surprise and I get to live in peace with my family again. get to him today for your credit score upgrades asides the fact that i was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer experience.Get to him on darkwebcyberservice@gmail.com and it's affordable.

July 27, 2017 at 5:54 AM

Stop being scammed by fake hackers. Hire a Ethical Hacking group who are professional and real. You might be curious that what hacking group services can provide? .. If you hire a hacker, you always have worried of losing your money. We won't keep a cent if can't do our job. 100% refund if job is not completed. Hacking Services that you will find here at: hackethics008@gmail.com are custom to fit your hacking needs... A professional and experienced hacker providing hacking services for a variety of client needs. Specialize in many different Hacking Services some of my most popular hacking services are, Hack INTO ANY BANK WEBSITE Hack into any COMPANY WEBSITE HACK INTO ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY WEBSITE HACK INTO SECURITY AGENCY WEBSITE AND ERASE CRIMINAL RECORDS Hack into CRAIGSLIST AND REMOVE FLAGGING HACK INTO ANY DATABASE SYSTEM HACK PAYPAL ACCOUNT HACK WORD-PRESS Blogs SERVER CRASHED hack HACK INTO ANY SCHOOL DATABASE AND CHANGE UNIVERSITY GRADES, no matter how secured HACK INTO CREDIT BUREAU DATABASE AND INCREASE YOUR CREDIT SCORE HACK ANY EMAIL OR SOCIAL NETWORK AND KNOW IF YOUR PARTNER IS CHEATING ON YOU HACK INTO YOUR PARTNER'S PHONE PICS, TEXT MESSAGE AND LISTEN TO CALLS TO KNOW IF HE IS CHEATING UNTRACEABLE INTERNET PROTOCOL HAVE YOU OR YOUR CHILD BEEN BULLIED ONLINE BEFORE AND WANT TO GET BACK AT THE PERSON, WE CAN HELP YOU TRACE THE ACTUAL LOCATION OF THE PERSON AND DO WHATEVER YOU REQUEST TO THE PERSONS COMPUTER IS ANYONE BLACKMAILING YOU ONLINE AND YOU WANT US TO GET INTO THEIR COMPUTER AND DESTROY DATA AND EVIDENCES AGAINST YOU? If you need a hacking service that is not listed, feel free to contact me at: hackethics008@gmail.com or text only - +1(630) 755-8868. Contact me today about any of my hacking services

July 28, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Kate and I want to recommend a reliable hacker who helped hack my husband's cell phone remotely.

Which gave me full access to all his texts and, and now he has nothing to hide from me. If you require his service, contact ghosthacker2351@gmail.com, tell him Kate referred you he'll help.

July 30, 2017 at 5:30 AM

July 30, 2017 at 5:30 AM

August 3, 2017 at 7:20 AM

August 14, 2017 at 12:27 AM

Hack Ethics is an experienced online Private Investigator/Ethical Hacker providing investigative solutions and related services to individuals. You may find my services of use, my areas of expertise include the following: fidelity check, mobile hack and access, social media hack, email, educational institutions, clearing criminal records, accounts recovery, websites, database etc
    Email - hackethics008@gmail.com OR text
    +1(630) 755-8868

August 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM

Offer Apple iPhone 7/7+ and Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

Apple iPhone 7/7+ 128Gb $500/$550
    Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ 64Gb $450/$500

Offer promo Buy 2 get 1 free with free shipping world wide.
    Shipping Method : FedEx & UPS and DHL
    Delivery Time : 2-3days Delivery To Your Door Step

Contact Whatsapp : +254704029979 / +254770902476
    Bazarphones@hotmail.com
    Skype: Bazaarphones

August 16, 2017 at 5:25 AM

My name is Roland, a new and satisfied client with the dark web company. I live in Florida. they provided help that i urgently needed a a reasonable pricing and on time delivery, hence my recommendation....

August 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM

For further clarification or if you have and queries as regarding fixing of your credit report you should reach out to globalworld.hackerAT GMAIL DOT COM

August 17, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Hello every one jeajamhacker@gmail.com is the best out there he hacks into -WHATS-APP HACK-WEBSITE HACK-TRACKING CALLS-PHONE CLONE-FACEBOOK HACK-CHANGE SCHOOL GRADE-ONLINE RECORDS CHANGES.he was excellent in helping me hack into my wife phone with out physical access to her phone and i got results very fast this hacker has never disappointed me and he is affordable thank you